Andrew Salvador joined Glaholt Bowles LLP as an Associate after summering and articling with the firm. During his time at the firm, he assisted with a wide variety of matters ranging from large infrastructure and hotel development projects to residential renovations.
Andrew’s experience includes representing owners, contractors and subcontractors in litigation matters and contract disputes including delay, loss of productivity, professional negligence and lien claims. His experience on these files includes conducting legal research, preparing written submissions and presentations, negotiating settlement agreements and attending court on motions and Small Claims Court files. He also has experience with drafting construction contracts for large development projects.
Andrew recently obtained his J.D. from Queen's University Faculty of Law. Prior to his studies in law, Andrew completed a Bachelor of Commerce degree at Ryerson University specializing in financial management and accounting.
During law school, Andrew was an executive member of Queen's Law Right to Play and Queen's Business Law Club. He received a course prize in Trademark and Unfair Competition, was published in the Journal of the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers and was awarded the J. Stephen J Tatrallyay Memorial Award for his academic paper on Modernizing Construction Trusts. In his final year of law school, Andrew spent a semester at the University of Hong Kong, where he studied international law and conflicts of laws.
- Advocates Society
- Ontario Bar Association, Construction and Infrastructure Law Section
- Canadian Bar Association
- Andrew Salvador, “Modernizing Construction Trusts: An Analytical Review of the Efficacy of Statutory Deemed Construction Trusts” (2017) J. Can. C. Construction Law. 215.
- Andrew Salvador, “Case Comment: CM Callow Inc. v. Zollinger” (2018) Glaholt LLP Newsletter, Winter 2018 (Issue 6).
- Andrew Salvador, “The Consumer Protection Act, 2002 and Construction Contracts” (2018) Glaholt LLP Newsletter, Fall 2018 (Issue 5).
- Brennan Maynard and Andrew Salvador, “Prompt Payment in Federal Construction Contracts: Status of Bill S-224” (2018) Glaholt LLP Newsletter, Spring 2018 (Issue 3).
Education & Admissions
- J. Stephen J Tatrallyay Memorial Award, 2017
- Course Prize Trademark and Unfair Competition, 2017