Andrew Salvador joined Glaholt Bowles LLP as an Associate after summering and articling with the firm. Andrew's range of experience while at the firm includes drafting construction contracts for owners, contractors and subcontractors and resolving a wide variety of complex construction disputes ranging from large infrastructure and hotel development projects to residential projects.
Andrew has represented owners, contractors and subcontractors in litigation matters and contract disputes including claims for delay, loss of productivity, professional negligence and lien claims. His experience on these files ranges from drafting legal positions to negotiating out of court settlement agreements and attending court on contested matters.
Andrew obtained his J.D. from Queen's University Faculty of Law. Prior to his studies in law, Andrew completed a Bachelor of Commerce degree at Ryerson University specializing in financial management and accounting.
During law school, Andrew was an executive member of Queen's Law Right to Play and Queen's Business Law Club. He received a course prize in Trademark and Unfair Competition, was published in the Journal of the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers and was awarded the J. Stephen J Tatrallyay Memorial Award for his academic paper on Modernizing Construction Trusts. In his final year of law school, Andrew spent a semester at the University of Hong Kong, where he studied international law and conflicts of laws.
- Advocates Society
- Ontario Bar Association, Construction and Infrastructure Law Section
- Canadian Bar Association
- Lena Wang and Andrew Salvador, REALPAC Construction Law Primer, September 26, 2019.
- Brendan Bowles and Andrew Salvador, Glaholt LLP Webcast Series: Living and Working with Adjudication Webcast, October 22, 2019.
Rankings & Recognition
- J. Stephen J Tatrallyay Memorial Award, 2017
- Course Prize Trademark and Unfair Competition, 2017
- Andrew Salvador, “Modernizing Construction Trusts: An Analytical Review of the Efficacy of Statutory Deemed Construction Trusts” (2017) J. Can. C. Construction Law. 215.
- Andrew Salvador, “Case Comment: CM Callow Inc. v. Zollinger” (2018) Glaholt LLP Newsletter, Winter 2018 (Issue 6).
- Andrew Salvador, “The Consumer Protection Act, 2002 and Construction Contracts” (2018) Glaholt LLP Newsletter, Fall 2018 (Issue 5).
- Brennan Maynard and Andrew Salvador, “Prompt Payment in Federal Construction Contracts: Status of Bill S-224” (2018) Glaholt LLP Newsletter, Spring 2018 (Issue 3).