Kaleigh joined Glaholt LLP in 2016 while completing her NCA Certificate of Qualification, and continued at the firm as an associate in 2019 after completing her articles.
During her time at the firm, Kaleigh has represented parties involved in various disputes and proceedings including construction litigation and arbitration. Kaleigh has also assisted in complex commercial list proceedings through to trial, and in Provincial Court and Superior Court criminal proceedings. Kaleigh has undertaken legal research, prepared written submissions, motion materials, conducted mediations, examinations of witnesses, and attended before various Ontario courts and tribunals on motions and trials. She has also contributed as a volunteer monitor at the Ontario Bar Association.
Prior to joining Glaholt LLP, Kaleigh completed an LL.B. in 2015 at Durham University in England, and an LL.M. in Dispute Resolution at the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University in California in 2016. Kaleigh was active as a Mediator through the Centre for Conflict Resolution in the Los Angeles Superior Courts.
Kaleigh continues to promote post-secondary legal education through her involvement as an instructor at George Brown College, teaching both the Principles of Construction Law course and the Construction Contract Law course in 2020.
- Ontario Bar Association
- Advocate’s Society
- Toronto Lawyer’s Association
- George Brown College – Principles of Construction Law, 2020
- George Brown College – Construction Contract Law, 2020
- K. Du Vernet & A. Lee, “Building Diversity: the value of inclusivity in the construction industry” International Bar Association, Construction Law International Vol 14 Issues 1, November 2019
Education & Admissions
- Harvard Negotiation Intensive, 2017
- Pepperdine University Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution Professional Skills Program, Mediating Complex Construction Disputes, 2017