Katie McGurk joined Glaholt Bowles LLP in 2023 after practicing at a full service firm in Hamilton since 2021.
Katie has represented plaintiffs and defendants in various types of civil litigation matters including construction disputes, shareholder disputes, employment matters and property claims.
Katie has regularly appeared as sole counsel before the Superior Court of Justice and various administrative tribunals.
Katie studied law at the University of Ottawa and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2021.
- Hamilton Law Association
- Successfully argued motion to enforce settlement
- Acted for subcontractor in dispute relating to construction of storage facility
- Acted for owner in claims involving grading deficiencies, and cost overruns on luxury residential project
- Acted for contractor in dispute over quality of materials used in a construction project
- Acted for employer in constructive dismissal case: Tuinhof v. Modern Heating Brantford Ltd., 2022 ONSC 3418