Jacob joined Glaholt Bowles LLP as an associate in June 2019. Prior to joining the firm, Jacob practiced at a mid-sized law firm in Ottawa, where he specialized in construction law and commercial litigation.
Jacob has extensive experience advising and acting on behalf of various players within the construction industry, including owners, developers, project managers, general contractors, subtrades and suppliers. He has worked on cases involving large, multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects, and often appears before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and arbitral tribunals.
Jacob graduated with distinction from the University of Western Ontario in 2012, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree with a Major in Political Science and a Minor in Ethics. Jacob obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Ottawa in 2016. He was called to the Ontario Bar in 2017.
Jacob is actively involved with various leadership organizations and has lectured on topics such as construction tendering and contracts, prompt payment and adjudication, and many of the legal implications surrounding COVID-19 and the construction industry.
When he’s not in the office, Jacob likes to work on his golf game, spend time at his family cottage in Northern Ontario and enjoy the outdoors.
- Ontario Bar Association, Construction and Infrastructure Law Section
- Arbitration relating to the manufacture and supply of light rail vehicles to a major public infrastructure project
- Complex multi-party litigation relating to the redevelopment and construction of a new hospital
- Arbitration in respect of a tunneling project involving a general contractor and municipality
- Counsel for other lawyers with respect to alleged professional negligence in handling of construction law matters
- Jacob McClelland, “Newfoundland Court of Appeal and Ontario Superior of Justice Clarify Scope of Builder’s Risk Insurance Policies” (2019) Canadian College of Construction Lawyers Legal Update, 153.