Markus Rotterdam is Glaholt Bowles LLP’s Director of Research. In that capacity, he is responsible for developing legal arguments and solutions when the firm’s lawyers are presented with complicated, critical legal issues. He is also responsible for all research for the firm’s various publications.
Markus has co-authored several books on construction law and alternative dispute resolution with Duncan Glaholt and has published numerous articles and presentations on those topics. He has provided the primary research and front-line editing for Duncan's other books: Construction, Builders' and Mechanics' Liens in Canada, 7th edition (Carswell, 2005), Conduct of a Lien Action (Carswell), Annotated Ontario Construction Lien Act (Carswell) and Conduct of a Trust Action (Carswell).
- The Law of ADR in Canada: An Introductory Guide, 2nd ed. (Markham: LexisNexis, 2018)
- Halsbury’s Laws of Canada, Construction (Markham: LexisNexis, 2008 – Reissues 2013 and 2017)
- Halsbury’s Laws of Canada, Construction, Student Edition (Markham: LexisNexis, 2009 – Reissues 2013 and 2017)
- Halsbury’s Laws of Canada, Alternative Dispute Resolution (Markham: LexisNexis, 2009 – Reissues 2014 and 2018)
- “One Person, Two Hats - The Dilemma of the Design Professional”, 2020 J. Can. C. Construction Law. 51
- “Beyond Fraud: Rethinking The Autonomy Of Letters Of Credit In Canada”,  I.C.L.R. 72
- “Summary Judgment in Construction Cases – Has the Culture Shifted?” (2018) Journal of the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers 27
- “Arbitrator Questioning: Sphinx or Skeptic?”
(2016) Journal of the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers 81
- "’Made in Ontario’ Statutory Adjudication” (The 2017 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada)
- “Confidentiality in Construction Mediation after the Ontario Commercial Mediation Act, 2010” (2013), 20 C.L.R. (4th) 167