Lena Wang joined Glaholt Bowles LLP as an associate in 2014. Lena has experience working on a variety of disputes related to large infrastructure, industrial and commercial projects. Lena has represented owners, general contractors and architects in proceedings involving liens, trust claims, delay claims and professional negligence claims.
Lena has appeared at all levels of Ontario courts, where she has experience representing clients in all stages of litigation at trial and on appeal.
Lena is an Associate of Canadian Surety Bonding (A.C.S.B.), a designation conferred by the Surety Association of Canada. Lena is a section executive of the CBA's Construction and Infrastructure section.
- Advocates Society
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association, Construction & Infrastructure Section Executive
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- Canadian Association of Women in Construction
- Surety Association of Canada
- Acted for contractor in expansion and revitalization of Union Station
- Defence of consultant in claims related to design of railway facility
- Acted for contractor in dispute over settlement agreement
- Acted for owner in successfully obtaining declaration of an expired lien 2019 ONSC 3237
- Acted for contractor on a motion for summary judgement 2016 ONSC 1354
- Advised owner and consultant on changes to contracts pursuant to the Construction Act
- Presented at “Ahead of the Curve: Changes to the Construction Lien Act” organized by Canadian Association of Women in Construction in August 2018
- Presented on the Transition Provisions of the Construction Act at the OBA Construction and Infrastructure Golf Day in June 20018
- Guest lectured on alternative dispute resolution at the Osgoode LLM Construction Law Course in May 2018
- Co-moderated panel session on alternative dispute resolution in construction for the Glaholt LLP Leadership series in October 2017
- Wang, "Amendments to the Construction Act - Bill 57,the Restoring Trust, Transparency and Accountability Act, 2018" Ontario Bar Association Construction and Infrastructure Section Newsletter
- Lee and Wang, "Liening under the new Construction Act", (2018) 3, Building Insight 1.
- Lee and Wang, "Transitioning to the New Construction Act" (2018) 35:1 Construction Law Letter
- Wang, "Court of Appeal Highlights Ongoing Gatekeeper Role of Trial Judge in Relation to Expert Evidence" (2017) Legal Update #44, Canadian College of Construction Lawyers
- Wang, "Albert Court Ends Project Blockade" (2017) 33:5 Construction Law Letter
- Wang, "Court Stays Party's Own Action in favor of Arbitration" (2015) 31:6 Construction Law Letter