Katherine joined Glaholt Bowles LLP as an associate in 2019 after Summering and Articling at the firm.
During her time at the firm, Katherine has assisted clients with a variety of disputes, from large scale infrastructure projects to home renovations. Katherine’s experience includes undertaking legal research, drafting pleadings, preparing written submissions and reports, coordinating documentary discovery, negotiating settlements, and attending court on motions and case conferences.
Katherine obtained her J.D. from Queen's University Faculty of Law. Prior to her studies in law, Katherine completed a Bachelor of Social Work with minors in sociology and psychology at Ryerson University.
During law school, Katherine received the course prize in Construction Law. During her final year of law school, Katherine completed a semester on exchange at the University of Hong Kong where she focused on international law. While a law student, Katherine provided pro bono litigation services to low-income residents and she represented clients at the Landlord and Tenant Board and the Social Benefits Tribunal.
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Canadian Association of Women in Construction
- Acted for a general contractor in multi-party litigation with respect to upgrades to water treatment and supply infrastructure
- Acted for an owner of a mixed-use development with respect to negotiations for rectification of deficiencies
- Acted for various subcontractors for lien and trust claims in respect of materials supplied to projects affected by bankruptcy and insolvency
- Negotiated settlements for various subcontractors to recover amounts owed for materials and services supplied
- “Case Comment: J.D. Strachan Construction Limited v. Egan Holdings Inc. and Egan Funeral Home” (2019) Glaholt LLP Newsletter, Spring 2019 (Issue 7) (co-author)
- “Prompt Payment on Federal Contracts” (2018) Glaholt LLP Newsletter, Fall 2018 (Issue 5)
- “Case Comment – Vestacon Limited v. ARC Productions Ltd.” (2018) Canadian College of Construction Lawyers, Legal Update (Issue 150)
- “Case Comment - Krypton Steel Inc. v. Maystar General Contractors Inc.” (2018) Canadian College of Construction Lawyers, Legal Update (Issue 149). (co-author)
- “Case Comment – Vestacon Limited v. ARC Productions Ltd.” (2018) Glaholt LLP Newsletter, Fall 2018 (Issue 5)
- “Security for Costs and Holdback Entitlement” (May 2017) Ontario Bar Association Nuts & Bolts
Education & Admissions
- Construction Law Course Prize, Queen’s University Faculty of Law