Madalina Sontrop joined Glaholt LLP as an Associate after articling with the firm. During her time at the firm, Madalina has assisted with a wide variety of matters, ranging from small claims, to arbitrations, to hotel development, and industrial projects. Madalina’s experience includes professional negligence claims, lien claims, and construction delay claims.
Madalina graduated with first class distinction from York University’s Glendon College where she earned an Honours Bilingual Bachelor of Arts degree in international studies and political science. Subsequently, Madalina completed her LL.B. at the University of Birmingham, in England, and obtained an LL.M. from Osgoode Hall Law School, with thesis focused on judicial cosmopolitanism and enemy combatant case law.
During her time at Osgoode, Madalina was a graduate fellow of the Jack & Mae Nathanson Centre on Transnational Human Rights, Crime and Security, and a panellist and organizer of the seventh Toronto Group conference on the study of international, transnational and comparative law.
- Advocates Society
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Women in Construction
Rankings & Recognition
- Lieutenant Governor’s Community Volunteer Award
- York International Internship Award
- Harley D. Hallet Graduate Scholarship
- “Update on the Law of Notice” (2019) Journal of the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers
- “Update on the Law of Notice” (2019) (The 2019 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory)
- Case Comment: University Plumbing & Heating Ltd. v Solstice Two Limited (2019) Building Insight