Since joining Glaholt Bowles LLP in 2017, Pavle’s practice has focused on construction arbitration and litigation. Pavle advises and acts on behalf of owners, contractors, design professionals and sureties. He has been involved with disputes across the construction spectrum, including major infrastructure projects such as refineries, light rail and other capital rapid transit projects, as well as landmark high-rise residential and mixed-use buildings. As the lead lawyer on a file or as part of the Glaholt Bowles LLP team, Pavle is committed to providing cost-effective and practical advice to clients of all sizes.
Pavle has experience advising on claims for delay, deficiencies, designer negligence and fee disputes, as well as construction lien and breach of trust actions. He also has experience working with clients and subject matter experts on disputes involving complex technical matters such as building envelope design, concrete deficiencies, trackwork and subsurface utility engineering investigation and relocation. His arbitration experience includes disputes under ADRIC and ad hoc rules, and has involved various types of project delivery methods such as design-build and EPCM contracts.
Pavle obtained his J.D. from the University of Toronto Faculty of Law in 2016. In 2019, Pavle obtained his LL.M. in International and European Business Law from the Université Jean Moulin Lyon III in France.
Pavle also holds an M.A. in Linguistics and a B.A. from the University of Toronto, Trinity College. He is a former member of the Toronto Scottish Regiment, a reserve unit of the Canadian Armed Forces, where he received his Canadian Forces Decoration.
- Ad hoc arbitration relating to engineering, procurement, and construction management of a nickel hydrometallurgical processing facility
- ADRIC arbitration related to the construction of a new rapid transit project
- Acted for subcontractor in claims for time and money related to trackwork installation for a light rail transit project
- Acted for owner and general contractor in claims involving building envelope, concrete deficiencies, and cost overruns on a 33-story high-rise project
- Contract drafting, negotiation, and claims management in respect of several landmark high-rise residential and mixed-use projects
- Lien and trust claims in respect of materials supplied to projects affected by bankruptcy, insolvency, and CCAA proceedings
- Counsel for other lawyers respecting alleged professional negligence in handling of construction law matters